Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 GC Rear Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:35 PM
alldodge_n_ks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 GC Rear Wiper

Anyone heard of the wiper taking one swipe and blowing the fuse?

Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
caravan99
Rookie
Default RE: 93 GC Rear Wiper

I heard something like that !! I received a call up about it! Is your ABS light stay on? I had that problem with my Caravan 94. check with the dealer about that call.

If is only the rear wiper the motor could be bad and blow the fuse. Buy one in autozone and if it blowing the fuse ...Return it back.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Goofy173
Rookie
Default RE: 93 GC Rear Wiper

Is it stuck about straight up? There was a problem with wiper motors where the center motor shaft was not held in place well. The shaft slips out of the gear and the arm that connects to the gear hits the shaft and sticks. That's why you see a lot of Caravans with their rear wiper arm stuck straight up. If that's where yours is stuck then that's why it blew the fuse. When it happened to me, I took the motor out and took it apart. Then I pushed the shaft back into place and glued it tight. You could also just replace the motor.

If your wiper shaft comes through the rear window it can be a bear getting the wiper arm off the shaft because you obviously can't use the glass as a counterforce for a pry bar.

Quick Reply: 93 GC Rear Wiper