Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 CARAVAN SE...Groaning/Grinding/Squealing Noise at stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 PM
h_delwadia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 CARAVAN SE...Groaning/Grinding/Squealing Noise at stop

I bought a new 2002 Caravan SE in 2002. Last November 2005, I took a long road trip. That was the only time I drove on highway in very cold weather. On the way back, I notices that when I approach a stop, there would be a grinding noise from the front end. Each day after that, the car would make that noise for first 15-20 minutes I drive, until the engine is at normal operating temperature. Then the noise goes away. The noise gets louder at temperature is colder. Due to the weird noise, some vibration is felt on the steering wheel. I think the cold caused the problem.

I also notice that acceleration is decreased due to his grinding noise. One person mentioned it was bad brakes. I don't think that is the case. Has anyone else had this problem. I would appreciate the feedback before I empty my pockets to the dealers.

Some other problems:
air bag light, loud thump noise when steering at parking speed.

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:18 AM
computerpulse
Default RE: 2002 CARAVAN SE...Grinding Noise

Sounds like brakes to me

Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
jlkinney

also broken clock spring. ie airbag light on and clicking in the steering column. DC might fix under recall warranty.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 AM
ingram33

does it get worse when you turn steering wheel? if so change your power sterring resavore it has a unchangeable filter in it that gets cloged. $20.00 at wour dodge dealer will fix

Quick Reply: 2002 CARAVAN SE...Groaning/Grinding/Squealing Noise at stop