Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Jtcruz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problems

A new problem with my caravan, for the last couple days transmission is not downshifting properly, stays stuck on second gear,problem is to get it running from a dead stop like a traffic light,to do that I must put it in neutral and then back to drive mechanic says there is no way to do any adjustments, any advice?...
V6 3.0 Trans. 3 speed model 31TH

Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: transmission problems

Without knowing the year of yours, I do know the 3.0"s had a problem with the throttle linkage/ kickdown cable fraying or binding and causing improper shifting on these and quite often causing them to burn clutch packs being stuck between gears. Have him lube this or look into it. The 31th 's are really a pretty decent tranny with very few problems like the 41te's and 41le's. Good luck

Old 12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: transmission problems

Also there was a governor problem that would not allow a 2-1 downshift. At a stop when it starts out in 2nd, try shifting it al the way down to manual 1 position and see if that works, if it does, you need a new governor body and the internal plungers. Shifting it down maual will force the 2-1 downshift that the governor isn't allowing

Quick Reply: transmission problems