Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

OT: Isnt it funny how when you go to Mobil &

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Tali4jc777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Isnt it funny how when you go to Mobil &

Isnt it funny how when you go to Mobil to get a oil change & they try and tell you things you vehicle has wrong.

First thing, he said. Your oil is kind of dark, its possibly been very long time since oil change, I have a special fluid to clean it out.. I was like.. listen brother, I change my oil every 2,000 miles... I just changed it a month ago and its not dark.

Then he says...your oil pan is leaking, we could fix that for... I was like.. Bro... stop lying.. its not leaking.. why are saying these things.. he just stayed quiet and finished his thing. He gave me two free car wash coupons as peace offering lol...

Has anyone worked at one of these oil places?? Do they pay them to see?? I felt bad for the lady in front of me.. he sold her every bottle available.. I was shocked.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Radman
Rookie
Default RE: OT: Isnt it funny how when you go to Mobil &

Well don't be shocked tali4jc777, those quickey lube places are as bad as
the stealerships.

I very much doubt you're getting their finest oil either. That's *extra* too!

As long as I'm able, I'll continue to change my own oil, filter and whatever
else I can take care of myself.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran

lol I went one time during winter and didn't want to change my oil in the snow.... Guy pops the hood and 30 seconds later says I need an air filter. I said "oh really, and how do you know that".... "well its filthy he says". I ask him to show it to me and he fumbles with he just popped the cover to peek at it and cant get it out. Once I started to tell him you can't even pop the cover without removing air intake and resonator with 2 band clamps and 2 10mm bolts which i knew he had not had the time to do, he started to say he would just change the oil.... I said no thanks and to let me back out, that i couldn't trust the place anymore. He called the manager over who started with apologies. Song and dance continued, about how the company pushes sales pitchesand i asked again to be let out. Offered me free change for the day. Told him i didn't appreciate attempted deception and asked to leave again. He again pushed the free change and i said no and that my wifes friends at her governement office(works for veterans hospital)were going to be advised not to go there. Continued trying to appease me and I grabbed my phone to call police to let me out. He promptly raised the door. Haven't been back, won't go back and Itell my friends and relatives about it..... All I wanted was a new filter and oil-change....Oh well.....

Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
minivanin
Professional

i used to work for Precision Tune Auto Care

generally we wouldn't do stuff like that, but there where stuff we were required to look at & mark down, generally it was wiper blades, air filters, belts, etc

i never marked them down unless they really needed it, i also try to predict the cars history, & suggest engine oil flushes, which alot of cars need, i never seen rap that dark come out of motors like i've seen on some of the cars i did it on, hell when i did it on both of ours vans (my '94, & moms '00) the fluid wasn't that dark, since we did regular oil changes, etc

some places tend to gouge, some don't, you just gotta keep on top of things, & when they suggest something you actully know you need, get it, or do it yourself & save like alot, lol

-greg

Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Tali4jc777

WOW.. Amazing.... all I wanted was a oil change...thats all... He nagged and nagged and nagged and nagged.. So they do make money from the sales huh?

ORIGINAL: floorslayer1

lol I went one time during winter and didn't want to change my oil in the snow.... Guy pops the hood and 30 seconds later says I need an air filter. I said "oh really, and how do you know that".... "well its filthy he says". I ask him to show it to me and he fumbles with he just popped the cover to peek at it and cant get it out. Once I started to tell him you can't even pop the cover without removing air intake and resonator with 2 band clamps and 2 10mm bolts which i knew he had not had the time to do, he started to say he would just change the oil.... I said no thanks and to let me back out, that i couldn't trust the place anymore. He called the manager over who started with apologies. Song and dance continued, about how the company pushes sales pitchesand i asked again to be let out. Offered me free change for the day. Told him i didn't appreciate attempted deception and asked to leave again. He again pushed the free change and i said no and that my wifes friends at her governement office(works for veterans hospital)were going to be advised not to go there. Continued trying to appease me and I grabbed my phone to call police to let me out. He promptly raised the door. Haven't been back, won't go back and Itell my friends and relatives about it..... All I wanted was a new filter and oil-change....Oh well.....

Quick Reply: OT: Isnt it funny how when you go to Mobil &