Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge mini Vans..Issues ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dodge mini Vans..Issues ???

Two weeks ago My Girl friendwas driving my her 1995 Voyager mini Van, She stopped on a green light to let a stopped fire engine with light's sirens procead into the intersection against the flow of traffic.

Thier was a car allready stopped in the left lane, on a green light, booth cars heading west.

Well this crazed losser driving a white mimi van fails so stop and re ends her, the Voyager is a total write off in the eyes of the insurance company, over 4000.00 worth of damage.

So, my question is not insurance related, but what are major mecanical items that fail in the older 95+ Mini Vans?

The 3.0 in my GF van and automatic run like new, mileage is only a 160,000 Km,stearing barkes, suspension, tires, have all been replaced or as new, even with the body damage my GF van runs better than any used 95+ chrysler mini van I have driven.

I would be quite happy to find a beater and replace as needed from the wrote off van, But my GF dosent want her yard to look like a auto wrecker and would like to find a used Dodge mini van from the buy out from the insurance company.... ( yet to be settled )

Old 12-28-2006, 02:59 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge mini Vans..Issues ???

The newer vans are ten times the old ones. Get a 96+, or even an 01+ model year van.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:59 AM
71greyhound

I have owned a Dodge mini since inception-1984. All have been good, but go for a 2001 or newer, using the 3.3 or 3.8 liter engine. These models are heavier, have larger brakes and improved reliability in the transmission. The sliding doors stay adjusted, and are much quieter.You may find front end thumping noise on some of the newer models beyond 30,000 miles, cause by strut link wear and sway bar bushings, easilly repaired for about 90.00 dollars. Check recalls and TSBs and you will find anything else needed to make a sound decision. Good luck on your new purchase. It is a buyers market out there on used vans, so opt for something that will have some type of warranty left. I know my '04 has a 70,000 miled drive train warranty that is transferable, but most years do not, so make the dealer come up with some type of certified or third party warranty.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:46 PM
minivanin
Professional

personally, i think the newer ones are junk, the quality went to crap after the 2nd genners

2nd gen all the way!

Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
kilogolf

I can only speakregarding the 2nd generation vans. I'm now on my second and I have owned at least 20 differant rides in as many years. These vans seem, IMHO, one of the best values out there. I've had minimal problems and parts are generallyaffordable. Good luck!

Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Buzz

Some 1996-2000 Caravans have issues with the strut tower rusting out

Quick Reply: Dodge mini Vans..Issues ???