Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

My Brake Drums Won't come OFF

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
rube740
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brake Drums Won't come OFF

I have this noise coming from my rear driver side wheels. I believe it's the hub. I tried banging out the drum but it would not come off. Now I know there are 2 little threaded holes so you can screw a bolt in there and push it out. I tried many different sizes but none worked. Does any body know the size for the these bolts? Ok now about the hub. I believe its the hub because the van is not affected in the performance area so it can't be the shoes striking the drums. There is a little play on the whole thing. Thanks everybody. Also if anybody knows where I can find the hub for my 2001 Dodge caravan with no ABS I would apprecieated. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
dirtmover
Amateur
Default RE: My Brake Drums Won't come OFF

They rust on. Put some penetrating lubricant on the studs so it will seep in and under the drum. Pound it off witha hammer working from side to side and evenly around the rim of the drum. You will probably need to create some slack in the parking brake cable to get the drum completely off. Locate the exposed section of cable under the van on the side you are working. Pull it to create some slack and clamp it with a vice grip.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
wireman
Default RE: My Brake Drums Won't come OFF

I just took mine off last week using two 14mm bolts and a matching hammer. Don't forget to remove the factory clip before trying, it is on one of the studs, just cut it off.

Quick Reply: My Brake Drums Won't come OFF