Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1997 Alarm System Problem PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
one1time
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Alarm System Problem PLEASE HELP!

I have a 1997 Dodge Caravan and Everytime I start the car the alarm system Goes off and i have to disable the battery coil from the battery to turn it off....i heard different ways of resolving the problem. In diar help please message and reply to the Post asap Also looking to find out where the car alarm is located.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
BILLYWORLD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1997 Alarm System Problem PLEASE HELP!

sorry i don't have an answer. just wanted to mention i have the same problem only its just occationally. if i get in the car and the "alarm on" light is blinking, then start the car,thats when it happens. i can get out of the car and using the key, lock and unlock the car and this takes care of the problem. this works both before i have started the car or after starting the car and the alarm goes off. i thought it might have something to do with my auto-locking b/c when i unlock from outside i have to hold the key to the left to open the door or it will lock back. also the locks will jump up and down and i have to open the door when the lock jumps "up". hope this helps. if you find an answer, please send it to me.
thanks, billy

Quick Reply: 1997 Alarm System Problem PLEASE HELP!