Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Mechanics - would you purchase a warranty on a 2002 Grand Caravan or not? Is it

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 AM
CEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanics - would you purchase a warranty on a 2002 Grand Caravan or not? Is it

worth the $1500-2000 or should I just put that money aside for repairs? This car has 69,000 miles on it and I've had it checked out. My mechanic found a leak in the exhaust manifold gasket, the muffler or converter makes a rattle noise (more like a cat purr sound), the interior/headlight switch needs to be replaced and the cruise control works intermittently (servo needs replacing?). The owner told me he has had no trouble with the car. I have a 96 Plymouth Voyager that had a rebuilt tranny put in and many other repairs, only the tranny was covered under the $1000 warranty and we still had to pay $300 more on that repair. I'm scared to not be with one for another 36,000 miles, but then I'm wondering if it's a waste of money. Sorry this is long. What do you recommend?

THANKS for your help in making this decision!

Quick Reply: Mechanics - would you purchase a warranty on a 2002 Grand Caravan or not? Is it