Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

97 Caravan Dash Lights Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 PM
jb3t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Caravan Dash Lights Out

Hello,

I have a 97 Grand Caravan. A while ago my dash lights and interiot lights stopped working. This includes the speedometer lights and dials for the heat, head lights, dimmer, etc. The only two lights on at night are my radio and the odometer/trip odometer lights.

I researched online and someone said that the dimmer switch console may be shot. So I went to the junkyard today, got another one, installed it, and still no dash lights.

Checked the fuses.... all set.

Any clues? Im trying to sell the thing and would like to fix the problem

JB

Old 01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
jb3t
Default RE: 97 Caravan Dash Lights Out

Oh.... and I checked the fuses, pulled out the INST PANEL fuse for 30 seconds and still nothing.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:17 AM
BNtune
Rookie

Read this.Looking for more but the solder issue on the PC board could be your issue.
This being a quote;
Another problem I see is common here. Van would not start, instruments dead, nothing working. Turns out, someone explained it away as a connection or loose solder joint on the circuit board behind the Speedometer. I am not ready to remove the dash just yet, but nice job of posting the pictures (of how to do it) by someone in the forum. The few times it happens, I have been lucky to recover, with just a bang on the dash.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
vipergg
Rookie

Go under the hood in the fuse and relay center and find the IOD fuse and pull for a couple of minutes and then reinsert , sometimes this will clear the bcm which will fix symptoms like this .

Quick Reply: 97 Caravan Dash Lights Out