Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1997 caravan blues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:32 PM
tvillnave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 caravan blues

Ok all, these Caravans are driving me crazy. I'll get right to the point. When you open the door the lights seem dim like the battery isn't fully charged but it is. As I turn the key over it seems that there is a clicking sound coming from the area of the body control module (behind the fuse panel).Honestly it sounds like morse code. LOL. The starter will click as if the battery is dead also. Overall it seems as though there isnt enough battery to start it but the battery is good and is fully charged. Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim [/align]

Old 01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
computerpulse
Default RE: 1997 caravan blues

Sounds to me like your battery cables are corroded or loose or something.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:28 PM
LemonCaravan

I feel bad saying this, but I really feel Dodge Caravans are the Biggest peices of crap around.[X(]

Old 01-14-2007, 04:52 AM
dougstiers

amen brother

Old 01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
vipergg
Rookie

Pull the battery cables , get a good battery brush and clean the battery terminals themselves until shiny and then take the brush and run it thru the insides of the battery terminals connectors themselves and do the same thing , get them all roughed and shiny . Then make sure you get them tight when you put them back on . The cables can get an almost invisible high resistance coating on them and this will clean that off , seen this first hand on our 96 van .

Quick Reply: 1997 caravan blues