Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Window Regulator. Is it hard to replace

Old 01-14-2007, 02:53 PM
mgordonb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Regulator. Is it hard to replace

I need to replace the power window regulator, driver's side, in a 2003 Caravan. I've had the interior panel off as well as the armrest, switch, plastic etc. to inspect it.That jobwas easy (15 minutes).

Is it very difficult to remove the rails, glass, etc? Any tips from someone who's performed this operation?

Thanks for any help. -Mark B

Old 01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
moautophd
Default RE: Window Regulator. Is it hard to replace

Figure2-4hours to install depending on your experience level. It is not an easy job for an inexperienced technician. Even the experienced guys struggle with this one. The most difficult part is that the holes in the door frame are small and you have to really manipulate the new regulator assembly to get inside the door frame. The old regulator comes out easy as it is usally disconnected. However, a new assembly is a one-piece unit. If you can get it in the door you are good to go. After this recent experience, I'd offer the advice to take the headache to a dealer. They do these on a regular basis and the cost is worth not having the aggravation.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
mgordonb
Default RE: Window Regulator. Is it hard to replace

Thank you for the advice. I'll take it to heart and probably take it in. I'm not afraid of getting greasy, but this sounds like one of those jobs best left to experience. -Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window Regulator. Is it hard to replace