Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Flickering lights and power window woes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:48 PM
seabich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flickering lights and power window woes.

Hello from Toronto Canada,

My wife and I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan 3.0 v6 with air with approx 145,000 Km on her.

We having a few odd electrical problems that we would like to get some advice on.

First is a lighting issue. With the headlights on we can hear an odd "clicking" from the left side of the dash. When we hear this "clicking" the turn signal & side marker lights flicker. The problem seems to get worse when the turn signals are on. The "clicking" sounds like a relay cycling on and off.

I'm hoping for some advice on where to start looking for this problem and if there are any tests I can do to try diagnose what the problem is. I don't want to just randomly start replacing parts.

Can anyone help with this problem?

The second problem we are experiencing is a passenger side power window and rear quarter power windowintermittent powerissue.

If we open the passenger side door and either of us hold the window switch in the open position (drivers or passenger side switch) then close the door the window will cycle but once the switch is released the window will not cycle until the door is opened again and closed with the switch held on (up or down) This leads me to believe there may be a wire harness issue? the rear quarter window will not work at all now even if we repeat the actions mentioned above.

Can anyone help us with this issue. I have tools and a multimeter to run tests if need be I just need some advice on where to start.

When we first purchased the Caravan in March of 2005 both windows worked fine...I even tested all of them at the dealer to make sure they worked.

I have removed the passenger side door inner panel and the inspected the window regulator and all seems to be OK no loose connections or frayed or broken wires ect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quick Reply: Flickering lights and power window woes.