Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

leaking fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:43 PM
4montecarlo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking fuel rail

I have a 96 grand caravan with 3.3l engine
It has been getting harder to start when its cold, found small gas leak off the fuel rail on the front side of engine. the leak is right at the crossover.
can i fix the leak, or do i just need to replace the whole fuel rail assemply to all 6 injectors?
and if so, how difficult is that, it doesnt look to bad, just remove upper intake and then the 2 bolts per side of the fuel rails?
thanks
matt

Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: leaking fuel rail

check with your dealer ...there was a recall on certain 3.3l fuel rails. Sometimes they replaced the whole rail and sometimes just a connector. It has been a common leak problem... I just had my 99 done.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
4montecarlo

I called the local dodge dealer and the gentleman said to just bring the minivan in and he would fix it, that is was under recall
so, thanks for the heads up
is there anyplace i can look up all the recalls for all cars?
matt

Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran

There was a link I found in the dodge forum that put you right through to the DC net and let you enter your VIN and tell what recalls have or have not been done on your vehicle. Unfortunately I cannot put my finger on it easily, but it is there. Another common on for that year and model is the clockspring. Good luck.

Quick Reply: leaking fuel rail