Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Newbie Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
MiniVan Mom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Needs Help

Hi there - new to this site but in need of help with this issue. 2003 Grand Caravan 102,000 mile on it. The blower fan only working on high - mech changed resistor and it worked for 2 wks - changed the resistor and Hepa filter to cabin and it worked for 2 wks then only on high again. What is happening and is there an easy fix???

Also, when he changed the Hepa filter something went WRONG. I now have cold air coming in the glove box area and a subtle cold air blowing on lower legs. Also the air blowing out at feet is cool while the mid-level is hot. Cold air still comes out at feet while setting is on midlevel only. Lots of cold air coming in around the glove box area while it is on recirculation setting -with more while driving faster. I brought it back to the mech about 5 times and he is not able to find a reason why this is happening or why it began when he changed the air filter. He says he replaced the airfilter to make sure it was not faulty and was installed correctly. He suggests things from a thermostat (nothing wrong with getting good heat) to a blend door problem at the air intake area. Could this have been disterbedor broken when they were working on the resistor or airfilter?
All suggestions welcomed. I am tossing around getting rid of the van if my feet and legs can't be warm in the winter - esp with the 10 below we have been having daily!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:20 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Needs Help

As for the resistor blowing so soon, I'm going to surmize that there is a problem with the blower motor that is causing the resistor to go bad. Quite often with this scenario when the motor unit is taken out there is moisture which is making the motor go bad.
As for the cool air, the housing may not have seated correctly and is interferein with the dampers that direct and mix the warm air.

Quick Reply: Newbie Needs Help