Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 AM
joedoan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine light

I got a 2000 Dodge Caravan and the engine light stays on , what do i need to do?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
caravan99
Rookie
Default RE: Engine light

It means that you have a problem!! to know what is the problem, you have to know the code!!

Turn the key toON position (without start the engine) three times and leave it ON (ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON). The check engine wil start blinking giving you the code. the fist code will be 2-1 ( first 50 starts after disconect the battery) ok. then other code will appears and the last code will be 5-5 ( ending) ok

check the code!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 PM
t.durden

Invest in an OBDII code reader. You can get them for less than $100, and they work on all cars from 1996 up. It will tell you the code, and then you can match the code up with the malfunction in the included booklet (or at any of the 1000's of OBD code websites)

If you do not want to buy one, I would suggest taking it to the local auto zone. They will scan your code and tell you what it means free of charge.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
fperezal

If you have a digital odometer, the codes will be indicated in numbers, IE. P1084, and u dont have to count flashes. I thing 1997 and up codes are indicated by the numbers, not flashes. And buying an OBD II reader? Naaaah. Auto Parts stores will plug 1 in 4 u for free.

Quick Reply: Engine light