Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need help, elec. problems w/ a 2002 GC ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:43 PM
c_meisenzahl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, elec. problems w/ a 2002 GC ...

Hi guys, new to the forum here.

I've got a 2002 GC w/ about 85k miles on it. This morning I went to start it, and absolutely nothing, no dash lights, interior lights, starter clicking, nothing.

I figured we must have a short somewhere or we left the lights on perhaps.

I put the 12v charger on it and immediately the two electric radiator fans come on (odd as it's 30 degrees F. out), they run for about 5 seconds, then cycle off. Then on for another 5, then off, repeatedly. When this happens the amp meter on the charger drops from about 8 amps to 0.

Do I have a short or problem w/ the electrical system as it relates to the radiator fans? I find the 40 amp fuse for the radiator fans and pull it. Now the charger is running fine, fans don't come on. And I can turn on the dash lights and interior lights! I'm leaving the charger on in the hopes that the battery will have enough juice to start the van in a few hours.

I assume the fuse itself isn't the problem or the fans wouldn't come on at all, ever, right? Is there another relay somewhere for the fan that's stuck on somewhere?

Any ideas? All advice appreciated, thanks in advance!

Chris

Quick Reply: Need help, elec. problems w/ a 2002 GC ...