Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

In the dark

Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
79mommy23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the dark

Hi. I have a 2007 GC SXT, we bought it new in Oct. Just want to say- I LOVE MY VAN!!! Anyway, the problem is recently my lights started acting weird. Although the middle 4 lights- the ones on each side of the middle and back sections- work when you press the lights themselves, they won't turn on when the doors open like they are supposed to, only the 2 front lights and cargo light do. And there is a problem with them too- instead of the theater dimming like they used to do to turn off, now they shut off with no dimming. I have no idea what the problem could be. DH checked the fuses and they are fine. Why would the lights work but not when they are supposed to? And what happened to my theater dimming?? Any help is appreciated!!!

~Christine~

Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 AM
webbee
Professional
Default RE: In the dark

Try pulling the IOD fuse, located in the power distribution center in the front engine compartment, for 5 minutes. This should reset the BCM, which may cure the problem. Otherwise, take it to the $tealer, it's under warrenty.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
79mommy23
Default RE: In the dark

WOW- THANKS- IT WORKED!!!!! It actually reset everything electric, like the lights, radio, clock, etc. Anyway, thanks again- saved me a trip to the dealer!!!

~Christine~

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In the dark