Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Caravan start up fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Orly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caravan start up fail

Pls somebody help me, Doge caravan, no power locks, no electrical windows, is the basic minivan,it dosen't turn on,you just can see the millage, relays are working, lights areok, heater works, but do not start up. I change alternator and generator 2 times (new parts). I checked the start separate andis working. I can't hear the gas pump works. Pls can someone send me the schematic from the wheal or fuse on electrical wiring.or start up?. I have the manual but is incomplete.
201k, 4 cyl, transmision rebuilted, unfurtunatley I attended the recall of "safety bag" and the dealer broke down my van. I did'n check it until I use the van again and more offen , the van was working perfect until started to blow out the stop lights, later the right head lightwas turned off (positive wire doesn't have electricity), some times the van keep the head lights on by itself.
Dealer don't want to be responsable for this problem,he said he charge me $90 dollar per hour just to try to find what is the problem.
Thanks in advance

Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
computerpulse
Default RE: Caravan start up fail

Unfortunately this could be several problems. Anything else you care to add? Does not turn on? Does this mean it does not turn over? Won't Start? Based upon your initial information, I would suggest starting with the fuse panel. Make sure all the fuses are good. Check your battery. Make sure all connections are together and tight. After more information I will try suggesting something else if these checks do not work for you.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Orly

All fuse inside and out side are ok, relay's.battery,base of relays are chekedok, If you turn on the key you just can see the millage, that's it. you can't hear the gas pum, but you can hear the relays working, we cheked the started separatley and is good. So the problem is the van doesn't start up, we asume is the electrical wiring ,some body know the electrical wiring Schematic but from the key start to fuse panel bisade of airbag ? I have the manual but it dosen't include this.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:41 AM
mazdab2600
Rookie

need a year and engine size (4cyl/ 6cyl)

do you get the service engine soon light on start up

Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Orly

??Service ?? Tune up? yes

Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 AM
mazdab2600
Rookie

turn the key to run position
the bulb test when all the lights/gauges come on
brake/oil/service engine soon
my computer died and thats what tipped me off the service engine light didn't light up

Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Orly

To any person whit problem like this My mechanic and I we tested the wiring almost one by one , my mechanic change the electrical swich key, and it was worse non of the systems on the panel works,just lights working, we found the red wire #10 caliber,in some part is opened, we remplaced for another isworking let me told youin couples months how is working.i hope this informations help some one else.Doge caravan 2000 4 door,

Quick Reply: Caravan start up fail