Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Vette or SRT Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
dbvettez06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Vette or SRT Challenger

Looking at a new toy...Had a 70 Challanger many, many years ago, not a great car, but i loved it....Hoping for some direction from some of you who have bought a new Challanger, your likes or dislikes...My plan would be to go with the SRT8, probably in black....I know the two cars are totally different, just looking for some input from owners...

Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 AM
20RAM04

Since you can't spell Challenger i'd say buy a Vette.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
hugekikd 2007
Veteran

they are fun to drive and when you are driving it every one will look at you. but over all i like the challenger better then a vette

Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 AM
65standard
All Star

since you already have one corvette, i say buy the challenger. i love mine.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 PM
dbvettez06

Originally Posted by 20RAM04
Since you can't spell Challenger i'd say buy a Vette.
Always nice to come across a sarcastic @@ with nothing of value to add....Anyway, looked at a black SRT wow what a gorgeous car..Chrysler really did a great job with the design, and safety features...Will try and get it out for a test drive...Anyone know how many srt's have been produced??

Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

dbvette,
The SRT Challenger is an absolutely fantastic car. Dodge did an incredible job with this car, and I really think they tried to build the best car they have ever made, and succeeded.

The fit and finish are perfect, paint quality is excellent, and interior appointment is very comfortable and looks nice.

Power is good in my opinion, but handling is the cars strongest point. It tracks straight as an arrow all the way up to my cars top speed of 168 on the speedometer. And it corners extremely well in the twisty's.

Styling is superb, this car turns more heads than any other vehicle I have ever owned. I took my brother to a car show in Salt Lake City with this car. It was a 500 mile round trip, and the car drew so much attention that my brother was starting to think we were rock stars by the time we got there and back. People literally stop what they are doing, turn around and stare at the car with their mouths open. Adding a Magnaflow competition series exhaust like I have done doesn't hurt either, because then it sounds as bad *** as it looks.

So I suppose it depends on whether you want a vette, or a classic muscle car that symbolizes the great american muscle car you wanted 30 years ago better than any other car on the road. I've never owned a vette, but I'm sure they are great cars as well. For me though, if someone offered me a vette, or my Challenger, I would take the Challenger without a second thought.

I am very happy with this Challenger. It is easily the best automotive purchase I have ever made. Every time I drive it I just relax in the seats, sigh a sigh of relief, and think to myself "life is good". I absolutely love driving the car.

Name:  DSC01101.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  146.5 KB

MOPWR2U

Old 03-22-2009, 12:58 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
dbvette,
The SRT Challenger is an absolutely fantastic car.

MOPWR2U
What a great looking car, mine is on order but I have the option of the limited B5 blue or a black one. I had my heart set on a black one but the limited status of the B5 blue really has me intrigued, anyway, I love your rims, are they just chromed or did you do something else to them, they almost look a little smoked...

Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

The wheels have had a "black chrome" treatment done on them by www.calchrome.com . Calchrome has two separate processes they can use on your wheels. One process involves dipping the wheels in a vat of black chrome, the other process is an electrostatically applied powder coat like process, that is then clear coated. I have the second process, which is more resistant to harsh conditions (road salt). Notice the snow in the picture, ... a regular dipped chrome is quite subsceptible to corrosion from road salt, but has a more shiny chrome like finish. Calchrome has several photos of black chromed wheels on their web site that you can look at if you are interested.

I also thought about the B5 blue Challenger, but no way was I waiting the length of time it would have been until it was released. I've had this black Challenger for six months now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Good luck with yours.

MOPWR2U

Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
dbvettez06

I have decided to go with a black SRT8............. I know the Vette is faster, handles better etc....But this Challenger is just about one of the most awesome muscle cars i have seen in a LONG time.....

Old 03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

Good choice!

The vette is more in the "super car" class, as opposed to the muscle car (or pony car) class. The vette would compete more with the Viper, Ferrari, etc.

But for a muscle car, there is nothing on the market that even comes close to the Challenger. The Mustang and Camaro are nice cars, but nothing else currently in production says American Muscle like the Challenger. You are going to love the car. Are you going to order one, or buy off of a dealer's lot?

MOPWR2U

Quick Reply: New Vette or SRT Challenger