Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Superchargers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Superchargers and Exhaust

Will likely have a 12 Yellow Jacket 392 in my garage by this weekend. This car will get many of the same upgrades as my 04 Ram SRT. Which means I will be starting off with a full exhaust and moving on to a supercharger install.

My questions are....

Anyone with a good or bad experience with SLP's LT headers and highflow midpipe combo? Will likely go with them if no one has any bad things to say. Will also bolt on a loudmouth I or II. Need to talk to SLP about the differences outside of sound. The I appears to be much louder and more "raspy", where the II seems to be a little more mellow (still loud enough) and a much deeper tone.

As for Superchargers I been looking at reviews and videos of both TM and centrifugal type solutions. It is REALLY hard to ignore the better numbers the Pro-Charger is getting over the TM SC kits out there, not to mention the Pro-Charger would be a little easier to install. I know the basic pros and cons of TM vs centrifugal, but any review or input you have?

Also, what is everyone running (times), for 0-60 and quarter who have added similar upgrades?

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 06-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, no replies. I personally hate the raspy sound, so I would go with the deeper, more mellow sound.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, section a little slow.

I have since decided to go Kenne Bell (8 lbs), it is a new kit but the early results are impressive. Looks good as well! I am confident my end result will be more powerful than and Hell Cat Dodge MIGHT release.

Also going 1 7/8" AMR headers, catless mids and a polished zoomers exhaust. Other little stuff like TB, rear tire upgrade, ect. After my Viper and my truck the tires on this car look like bike tires LOL

Will start on it late December or January. It will be ready to roll when the weather breaks in 14. Been driving it a little this summer to make sure there is no major drive train issues. My warranty on most of my car is about to go bye bye.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 08-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice on the Kenne Bell.

I didn't know your SRT10 was blown...when's the silver truck get one too?

Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The SRT10 is a rare bird indeed.

Sounds like the Chally is going to be a beast!!

Quick Reply: Superchargers and Exhaust