Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

All wheel drive vs. Real wheel drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:55 PM
dbauman82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All wheel drive vs. Real wheel drive

I have a question. I have recently purchased the 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT and was informed that it was AWD. Sweet. Well, while I was going through the vehicle information menu I noticed that the car was in RWD. Wait a minute? This is suppose to be an AWD vehicle. I went out 'racing' with a friend of mine and afterwards noticed the car was in AWD. Wait, what? I went to automatic and it was in RWD. Used the shift pedals and it went to AWD. Got it. The next morning I drove the vehicle in automatic, drive mode, and turned ESC off. The car was in AWD. What determines the drive of the vehicle? IS there a way I can personally control the drive method?

Old 03-08-2014, 06:06 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

AWD is not offered on the Challenger. Never has been, on any trim level. Your car is rear drive. Sounds like the stealership ripped you off.

If you want that, you need to get the Charger or 300.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:50 AM
andydpleson

Originally Posted by ivaskaj
AWD is not offered on the Challenger. Never has been, on any trim level. Your car is rear drive. Sounds like the stealership ripped you off.

If you want that, you need to get the Charger or 300.
Looks like you've been tricked by your sales agent.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 PM
thzpcs
Amateur

Originally Posted by dbauman82
I went out 'racing' with a friend of mine and afterwards noticed the car was in AWD.

Wait, what? I went to automatic and it was in RWD.

Used the shift pedals and it went to AWD. Got it. The next morning I drove the vehicle in automatic, drive mode, and turned ESC off.

The car was in AWD. What determines the drive of the vehicle? IS there a way I can personally control the drive method?
Where did you see it changing from AWD to RWD?

Quick Reply: All wheel drive vs. Real wheel drive