Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Worried about markapcs that may be caused by Hellcat Production Limit

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:23 PM
dodgister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried about markapcs that may be caused by Hellcat Production Limit

As more and more news comes out about the production limit of 1200 unites of 2015 Hellcat I am starting to worry about markups. I mean massive markups.

Edmunds already had a story about 1200 unit limit, do you think this rumor is real or Dodge will build as many as needed by consumers?

Edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...1200-cars.html

TorqueNews says "
limiting the production of the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat could cause a much bigger markup – and a much longer period of time where those markups are being changed by dealers. Should the Chrysler Group really only build 1,200 examples of the 707hp Challenger for 2015 to be spread across their network of 2,400+ dealerships, those folks selling the Hellcat will likely apply a massive markup to every unit that reaches a showroom."

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-d...assive-markups

Old 07-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Gageguy
Rookie

The issue is ramp up with the car, the early building with the special training (always happens with new build) is likely limited to only a few a day to start. Also, people say "it's awesome!" but will they vote with their wallets? SRT has a terrible relationship with magazines. At this price level, people really seem to buy what what someone else tells them to. If the rags give it a standard SRT review, it'll be all about how terrible it handles.

I'm looking for a Super Bad daily driver, the Scat Pack is the one for me. So, as awesome as this car is, I'm not selling my ZL1 for the HellCat.

Are there enough people who will actually lay down $60k+ for this car? Well, SRT thought a lot more people would buy the 5 gen Viper and it flopped, even though people talk track times all the time! I can see SRT holding back to make sure it stays hot in the market.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Claviger

Walked into Cutter dodge here in Hawaii today to lay a 23k deposit on a Hellcat, I was told they want 25k deposit. That is fine and would be workable just fine. The problem is the 25k is on top of the 60k you pay when you take delivery for a total of 85k for a 60k car.

Get rekt dodge.

Also, 1200 units confirmed by the dealership here. Could be sales BS trying to get me to pay 85, but I suspect not.

Last edited by Claviger; 07-23-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:05 PM
eclipsems
Professional

Fawk, I can't believe what some dealerships are asking for deposits.

I just secured an order with a $2K deposit for a Hellcat yesterday.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 AM
dodgister
Rookie
Default Average Deposit

Originally Posted by eclipsems
Fawk, I can't believe what some dealerships are asking for deposits.

I just secured an order with a $2K deposit for a Hellcat yesterday.
Wow, that seems high.

What is the average deposit dealerships ask for comparable new cars?

Quick Reply: Worried about markapcs that may be caused by Hellcat Production Limit