Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Recall Work Performed

Old 10-03-2014, 04:10 PM
vmwonders
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall Work Performed

2010 Challenger R/T 5.7 auto MDS. Months ago I received a recall notice. Dealer says parts ordered will call when its my turn. Second notice comes inquiring do I still own the car because I never had the work done. Call the dealer and they tell me parts not being made. What? I told the dealer I will call Auburn Hills to complain. Person says let me check with the district manager. Dealer calls back and claims parts came in that morning and made an appointment for 10/1/14. Got the car back on 10/2. Engine noisy [they left the cover loose] and not running as smooth or peppy as before. Bringing car back Monday. Guy said manager said I could bring it back if I want.
Rubbed me wrong. Anyone know if this is a problem after chain retainer recall or did they goof up my car. Don't feel like going to war with these people but will if I need to.
Thanks

Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I would guess the dealer goofed up. Which cover was left loose? Because I have done timing recall at least 30 times and didn't have any problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall Work Performed