Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger R/T 2014 engine maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 AM
cenodreata
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger R/T 2014 engine maintenance

Hello everybody,

just bought a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T and it has only about 100 miles on it. I live in Europe, ordered the car from the USA and got it delivered. So I wanted to ask what is the maintenance of the engine when it is new? Here in Europe this car is very rare and I do not trust car dealerships for information.

Thanks in advance! Any advice or info about the car in general, not only the engine, is very welcome

Bobby

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. Did it come with an owners manual? If not, visit the Dodge website and download yourself one. It will have all the information you need. No special maintenance should be required. Modern engines do not have "break-in" oil anymore that needs to be changed right away, but, again, your owners manual is a great source of information instead of waiting on someone to reply to a post in an internet forum.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:05 PM
cenodreata
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi and thank you for the fast answer. Yes, it actually came with a manual, but I did not see anything that would have answered my question at a first look. I will check it again, but it can be that there was nothing about it as no special maintenance is required as you said.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:10 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Probably the case. If it was something to be concerned about, it would be front and center of the owners manual. Just drive it like normal. Change the oil when the indicator tells you to. Enjoy your Challenger. Bet there's not too many around you.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:54 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think there is anything that needs to be done, other than the first oil change @ 3000 miles.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by lxman1
I don't think there is anything that needs to be done, other than the first oil change @ 3000 miles.
I'm not even sure that's the case anymore.

Quick Reply: Challenger R/T 2014 engine maintenance