Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

P60 Recall/ Alternator Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:06 AM
synoptic12
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P60 Recall/ Alternator Available

The P60 recall regarding the alternator is now available for the Dodge Challenger. Dealers have the alternators available. Chrysler confirmed sending me an email regarding when the parts (alternator) would be available; not once, but twice. Never received any email. Additionally, Chrysler stated that they would notify me via U.S. mail, and a phone call. Neither option was forthcoming by Chrysler. The dealer as well stated that they would notify me when the parts become available. Never heard from the dealer either.

It just so happened that I called Chrysler this day and spoke with Jennifer who said the parts have been available for a while. Jennifer connected me to the dealer, in turn setting up a service appointment for the alternator.

Question: If one were not notified of the recall (alternator), and some type of accident occurred, would Chrysler be responsible: "Knowing that the parts were available but didn't notify the customer"?

Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi synoptic12,

It is correct that dealerships have alternators available to perform this recall repair, however, due to the volume of this particular recall FCA has staggered the second owner letters in order to properly match dealership supply with consumer demand. Even though you are scheduled to have your repair completed, you still may receive a second owner letter based on when the next wave of them are sent out.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:57 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by synoptic12

Question: If one were not notified of the recall (alternator), and some type of accident occurred, would Chrysler be responsible: "Knowing that the parts were available but didn't notify the customer"?

What type of accident?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Hi synoptic12,

It is correct that dealerships have alternators available to perform this recall repair, however, due to the volume of this particular recall FCA has staggered the second owner letters in order to properly match dealership supply with consumer demand. Even though you are scheduled to have your repair completed, you still may receive a second owner letter based on when the next wave of them are sent out.
Thank you very much. In the same light, irrespective of the 'volume', the dealer should have contacted the owner, especially being a 'low' volume dealership. "Staggering letters to properly match dealership supply" (as you state) can be construed as only those dealers with an extensive arm to support many needed units (alternators), are the dealerships which will receive the alternators first and supposedly their customers will receive notices from FCA? So, where there is no demand or very little, one could wait for an unknown period of time, "Unless the dealer would notify the customer, or FCA. In the interim, should any accident occur, without the owner not having knowledge of the secondary recall, we would truly believe that FCA would be liable. We delve into litigation on a small basis as we have been successful in the higher courts. Naturally, this really has no bearing at this time. We were just presenting a scenario.

Mr. TNTech is probably trying to pull our teeth but he is unfortunately moving in the wrong direction. We are not trying to create any cause for action, rather concern. FCA has stepped forward in some unprecedented (so to say) management directions citing dealers of ill repute, "Hellcat"- (unheard of as far as we know). This is programmed management assisting the buyer in tactics which are not businesslike or professional. Placing these details out front without any bias, certainly displays the character of FCA; and its staff, and personnel. Think not that we are against FCA for this corporation has provided us with exemplary service (sometimes difficult). We believe that FCA is one of the finer corporations, striving to move forward and in continually keeping all their vehicles safe by announcing any defects which may arise. Some car manufacturers have hidden certain aspects, or set aside safety risks, hoping that any defective component would not bring any type of harm, yet some were wrong to hide the fact. In reality, we have never seen this with Chrysler and FCA is a beacon for others to follow. This is our opinion. Again thank you very much for your concerned interest in this matter.

Last edited by synoptic12; 04-17-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

Originally Posted by TNtech
What type of accident?
Seeing that this question is (hopefully) moot, we were just seeking a response to the aforesaid question regarding an 'accident'. There are many types of accidents; some which could cause a human to expire. Whether an accident entailed vehicle collision, or death by a malfunction of a (defective) component on a vehicle: (Dodge Challenger), in which the owner was not notified of the secondary recall, "Would FCA be liable"? We believe that the subject is clear, and precise as stated initially.

Last edited by synoptic12; 04-17-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:35 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by synoptic12
Seeing that this question is (hopefully) moot, we were just seeking a response to the aforesaid question regarding an 'accident'. There are many types of accidents; some which could cause a human to expire. Whether an accident entailed vehicle collision, or death by a malfunction of a (defective) component on a vehicle: (Dodge Challenger), in which the owner was not notified of the secondary recall, "Would FCA be liable"? We believe that the subject is clear, and precise as stated initially.

I know what direction you're going in as well. Don't think I haven't heard it all before in 22 years.

I get it...someone needs to feel guilty, accountable and quite possibly pay up for what only occurred inside your imagination. Just go get your alternator replaced and get over it.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:28 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

Originally Posted by TNtech
I know what direction you're going in as well. Don't think I haven't heard it all before in 22 years.

I get it...someone needs to feel guilty, accountable and quite possibly pay up for what only occurred inside your imagination. Just go get your alternator replaced and get over it.
You delve upon the sublime, seeking to increase your stature which you cannot. Your vain ramblings are from your own mind.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:08 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

A few pics of the Denso alternator and short clip regarding the P60 recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYmV...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM
synoptic12
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Hi synoptic12,

Thank you very much for the accurate information you provided. In fact, after replacing the alternator (P60 Recall), I received a secondary notice from Chrysler five days after installation, "As you stated".

Last edited by synoptic12; 05-06-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: P60 Recall/ Alternator Available