Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Please help! Annoying squeak or chirp when removing foot from accelerator

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:32 PM
ChallengerUK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Annoying squeak or chirp when removing foot from accelerator

Hi everyone, my first post, had a look around for other help on this topic but thought it might be worth trying a post specific to the car 2010 Challenger V8 5.7l only 14k miles, owned it about 7 months and over that time a squeaking / chirping noise has become more and more prevelant when driving.

It sounds like it is coming from the middle of the car and does sound like it is in the dashboard/console itself although I can't be sure. Passengers seems to think it is in the dashboard too but I'm obviously worried it is something worse! Nothing looks untoward under the hood (to my non expert eye) and noise still happens with windows down / AC/fan on or off etc. Also doesn't seem to be related to specific RPM or speed and seems to be pretty random when it happens - it doesn't get worse at higher or lower speeds.

Doesn't occur all the time, but when started from cold (in the UK!) I can tell the exact spot on my morning route (after just a couple of minutes driving) where the noise will start, also in the evening on way home from work the same situation occurs when from cold the noise will start at the same location on the way home.

Seems to be related to releasing the accelerator or braking when the weight shifts and also sometimes when going over bumps and stuff on the road. Funny thing is it doesn't happen all the time. Seems to only be audible in the car although I should do more tests. Local garage suggests it is to do with my brakes so they suggest replacing them. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks for listening sorry it is a long post Otherwise loving the Challenger on UK roads, gets a lot of attention (hopefully not for making sqeaking noises though!)

Quick Reply: Please help! Annoying squeak or chirp when removing foot from accelerator