Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Seeking 'Supercharger' Information?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:06 AM
synoptic12
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Seeking 'Supercharger' Information?

I'm seeking some technical information regarding the use of a supercharger, namely on a 3.6 liter Pentastar motor.

I believe that a supercharger presents higher pressure, and temperature; thereby creating some additional concerns. It is said that BHP can be increased to 46% while torque can be improved to 30 to 40%.

Some concerns that I have are related to the crankshaft, and drive shaft; accompanied with other internal motor parts which may be affected.

How will a supercharger affect other components: such as drive shaft, crankshaft, valves, back pressure, etc. and what of the VVT? What hardware on the motor would need to be upgraded, and what parts would be affected with the additional usage of a supercharger.

I'm just inquiring on the subject for future reference. Most importantly, what adverse effects would the supercharger bring to the 3.6 liter? All replies are welcome. Thank you very much.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The side effects really depend on the amount of boost that you run. 6lbs is usually safe for most any engine.

Quick Reply: Seeking 'Supercharger' Information?