Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Finally gave in and got my stripes re-done

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 07:01 PM
challenger1990
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally gave in and got my stripes re-done

So last year I decided to get some racing stripes on my 2010 Dodge Challenger. I went with silver and they looked great when I left the shop. A few months later I began to notice trashing and scratch marks all over the stripes. Then a few months later began the chipping. It was a year until I got tired of it and went to US Pro Signs in Dallas and asked some questions about getting some new matte black stripes on my car. He explained to me that not all vinyls are the same and that reputable shops should be using 3M (a light bulb turned on in my head, these are the guys that make all the sticky stuff) because it wont flake and trash like the "Chinese stuff" the first guys probably used. We'll see if theres a difference in the months to come, but for now, it looks amazing. The 3M deep matte black stripes over my black paint job (although chipped up and scuffed from where i mistakenly removed the old stripes myself and damaged the paint (seriously guys, leave it to the professionals, he wasnt even going to charge that much more to remove the old ones), looks amazing. I also mentioned to the manager that I would spread the love and let people know about how awesome of a job they did. Everyone else quoted me $400+ for some freakin stripes! I looked online and stripes which I would then have to install myself, costed $350!! These guys charged me $300 to do the whole thing, material included.
check out the guys who did my stripes if youre looking to your car tricked out in the Dallas area.

www.usprosigns.com

I found them on originally, but that site appears to be down now. I found their companies other site, thats posted above.

www.usprowraps.com

Less than a year!

This stuff was a nightmare to remove! The guy at the new shop I went to said that wont be a problem with 3M.

Back in black

So sexy

Quick Reply: Finally gave in and got my stripes re-done