Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

2012 SRT8 Homelink version

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 AM
avandelay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 SRT8 Homelink version

According to the homelink pages the unit in the 2012 Challenger should work with security+ 2.0 units, but mine is not training with the new opener. The assumption here is that the homelink page is full of it and that the unit lacks the frequencies for the new security. My question is whether anyone knows if the replacement temp/compass/homelink part (1HT94XDVAA) has been updated with the latest homelink version or am I stuck forever using the homelink bridge to essentially bypass the new security features.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 PM
avandelay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've called around and it is the general consensus that if Dodge made any changes to that module then there would be a new part number. Sorta sad that in 10 years since security+ 2.0 came out that it can't be integrated into the replacement parts.

At any rate, this module looks a lot like the one in the 2015 console (5QT76DX9AB). Does anyone have any idea if the 2015 module will work in the 2012 SRT?

Search this Thread