Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Help! Radiator replacement - different sizes of official part?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 07:09 PM
ChallengerUK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Radiator replacement - different sizes of official part?

Hi everyone, can anyone help? I have a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7l and it recently required a new radiator. Going via official Mopar parts supplier they suggested part 68050126AB (which does appear to be the correct part), but when it was taken to be fitted today the dimensions of the new radiator compared to the old one did not match. Core length and height were ok (24" and 19") but the core depth was 1.1" instead of 1.6" on the current radiator as well as the inlet/outlet port diameter being 1.46" instead of 1.8". Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone confirm what the correct dimensions should be for the inlet/outlet port in particular for this model? Any help appreciated!

Old 04-27-2017, 02:38 PM
GerryCDJR
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChallengerUK
Hi everyone, can anyone help? I have a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7l and it recently required a new radiator. Going via official Mopar parts supplier they suggested part 68050126AB (which does appear to be the correct part), but when it was taken to be fitted today the dimensions of the new radiator compared to the old one did not match. Core length and height were ok (24" and 19") but the core depth was 1.1" instead of 1.6" on the current radiator as well as the inlet/outlet port diameter being 1.46" instead of 1.8". Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone confirm what the correct dimensions should be for the inlet/outlet port in particular for this model? Any help appreciated!

I'm a parts manager for a Chrysler Dodge store in California and I just looked up the radiator for your vehicle and that is the correct part you purchased. It is a new superseded number which basically means that there could have been a small change/adjustment to the part which may be where the size difference is coming from but that should be the correct part for your vehicle.