Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger NAIAS pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Challenger NAIAS pics

ORIGINAL: its_hey_ma

3. Thats the show car, and its made up to look as much like a new age 1970's Challenger. In 1970 the R/T was the car to have, not the SRT. Many older folks recognize the R/T from their generation and may have no clue was SRT means, and realistically they aren't marketing this car to the teenage crowd but instead to the people that can afford it.

the Challenger R/T even with the 5.7, will be looking at 425hp vs. 300hp. Even overrated by 50hp, it still has 75 ponies over the pony car.
So, what are we gonna call the 5.7L version? The SXT? And what if there is a V6 version. Will that be called the SE? lol And I thought the 6.1 was actually from the SRT team... You see my point?

WAIT! I was just thinking... What if the SRT name is being saved for the 500 HP 392 HEMI we've been hearing about?!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you're thinkin'!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:22 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

where did you get those TJ?
Those came from the Autoweek website.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: its_hey_ma

But, the Challenger R/T even with the 5.7, will be looking at 425hp vs. 300hp.
If the R/T is getting the 5.7L Hemi, it's only going to get 345hp stock....and that's compared to the GT's 300hp. In reality, the GT would only compete with the R/T....as Ford doesnt have anything out as of yet to compete with the SRT-8 package. Although, the Shelby GT and the SVT's are right around the corner.

I'm really interested to see if the SRT-8 package will indeed get that 6.4L Hemi......but I dont think it will.....least not the first year out....I expect it to get the 6.1L. Similar to the GTO with the LS1 then switching to the LS2....

Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dodge has scraped nice concepts in the past...there is no guarantee that we will ever see this car...i dont care what V8 is in it..so long as they make it...

Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

The new Challenger is on the cover of the Feb 2006 Motor Trend,the article says that the boys from the Streetand Racing Technology group put in the 425 HP HEMI,mated to a "Viper spec" 6 speed maual trans.In the pics in the mag,the console is slightly tilted,but the pistol grip shifter is not canted.

This car is based on existing technology from the Charger and 300 platform,hence the weight is almost identical to the other two cars,.

other items of interest: carbon fiber hood,20x9.0 alloy wheeles,255/40r20 tires and LED HEADLIGHTS
"IF"This car goes into production MT estimates a late 2009 release for the 2010 model

Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one thing that i absolutely HATE that chrysler does, is this factory ghetto mod of their new cars..

performance cars DONT NEED 20 inch wheels...they dont need 19 or 18 inch wheels either...hell, 17 is pushing it...i think that these new cars look stupid with a 20 inch wheel and a 2 inch sidewall...

if they release the challenger, and make if affordable, as they are saying that they will...i will have one...and i WILL NOT be getting these ghetto *** wheels, which take more effort to turn, thus reducing whp...i will be taking a steel wheel option..."bling" is for SUVs and slow cars..like my stratus...plus, its expensive to find good tires (DRs) for a 20 inch wheel..and while in know that theyre out there,i will save my money on buying 15 or 16 inch DRs...

but like ive said..im trying to not get my hopes up, because DCX has screwd up before..many times...and if chrysler drops the ball here, it will be the final straw for many people who want a real pony car...and i think that an LS2 GTO or an EvoX would look nice next to the ramcharger...

Old 01-10-2006, 03:34 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

one thing that i absolutely HATE that chrysler does, is this factory ghetto mod of their new cars..

performance cars DONT NEED 20 inch wheels...they dont need 19 or 18 inch wheels either...hell, 17 is pushing it...i think that these new cars look stupid with a 20 inch wheel and a 2 inch sidewall...

if they release the challenger, and make if affordable, as they are saying that they will...i will have one...and i WILL NOT be getting these ghetto *** wheels, which take more effort to turn, thus reducing whp...i will be taking a steel wheel option..."bling" is for SUVs and slow cars..like my stratus...plus, its expensive to find good tires (DRs) for a 20 inch wheel..and while in know that theyre out there,i will save my money on buying 15 or 16 inch DRs...

but like ive said..im trying to not get my hopes up, because DCX has screwd up before..many times...and if chrysler drops the ball here, it will be the final straw for many people who want a real pony car...and i think that an LS2 GTO or an EvoX would look nice next to the ramcharger...
I so could not agree with you more.....I'd have bought the 99 Charger concept in a heartbeat....and I will buy this new Camaro concept if it makes it to the production line. I have a bad feeling about this Challenger concept.

As for the blingy wheels and crap...it's got excessive in a major way. I can understand the trucks and SUV's, I can even understand the high performance Viper, Vette and Exotics....but not on a Charger or a Challenger or a GTO. In fact, I believe the GTO is sitting on 18's.

It's stupid and a waste. I'm actually trying to find a pair of 16's for my Stratus...as the 17's are a bit of an annoyance.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
deranged
Record Breaker

Remember guys it's a concept show car and those over the top wheels are there to make an impression. I'll say again they know the competition will be the Mustang and Camaro and this type of bling I'm sure they realize will not be needed on the production vehicle.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
illy
Professional

About the wheels, yes, the show car wheels are too outrageous for production, but it is nice to know that kind of meat will fit under there isn't it? I think 17's or 18's will be fine as long as they are a bit wider than they are on the Charger / Magnum RT.

Quick Reply: Challenger NAIAS pics