Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

So whats the price on this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:08 AM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So whats the price on this thing?

Yes I know alot can change but what is the target price range here? This thing makes my blood race. I just want to know if they are going to price it out of my budget or what. There is no way I will overpay for another gas guzzler. I know for along time you wont care what it uses in fuel while its still new....but I fear the trend of 3 dollar a gallon gas is only the start of things to come. I know I would be looking at the hemi with the cyl de-activation.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: So whats the price on this thing?

i have read prices in magzins ranging from 28 to 35 thousand...there is no way of knowing until they actually make the car...

Old 01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, my "source" said $38,000...

They have been known to be off though...

Old 01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

hmm 38k huh. Thats closing in on a vette price tag. Or a 1 year old vette. Id rather have the vette. I guess we will have to wait and see. thx guys

Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

what is your source, chase? if it is the "source" that you sent me, that same source said 28k last month...

38,000 is way too much....and that price will shorten sales, and dodge will have ruined another vehicle, in a different way...for 10 thousand less, you can have a new LS2 GTO...and for 6 thousand less, you can have an Evo IX, that with very minor mods, will run circles around the challenger....

dodge wanted to compete with the mustang and GTO, but with that price, theyre dropping the ball, again. getting up around 40 grand, their competing with the GT500 and the corvette, which will easily sit the challenger down...

its dodge, and im sure that in true fashion, they will dissappoint me again.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, Pat, it's the one I showed you... I'm not sure they are correct, but I figured I'd share... That's why I put the quotation marks around "source"...

Old 01-23-2006, 01:47 AM
rockominal

38,000 is way too much....and that price will shorten sales, and dodge will have ruined another vehicle
Why's that? Ford's Thunderbird costs $40,000. I think they were around $48,000 when they first came out, but I saw one recently for about 40K in the paper. Maybe it was the hardtop port window instead of the convertible which looks better than the convertible. So I guess Thinderbird is a more worthy nostalgic car than Challenger? I wouldn't know.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ford also cancelled production of the thunderbird due to poor sales...the only people who bought the slow, ugly thunderbird were middle aged women and old men who were trying to be "young"...

but i cant tell if youre argueing with me or not...

for 38 grand, you can have a new GT stang (not that i would) in the 11s...if not faster.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:02 AM
rockominal

the only people who bought the slow, ugly thunderbird were middle aged women and old men who were trying to be "young"...

but i cant tell if youre argueing with me or not...
Gads! Not me, because when it comes to looks....it's impossible to argue because it's pure opinion. I remember this manager I worked with running on and on about a Lexus he was gonna get. After seeing that and all other the other euro/asian junk out there I wasn't, then or now, interested in any of it. And, like you said, this lady I saw at the airport was driving the kinda conservative looking Thunderbird. I thought if she just would've picked something else besides black maybe that would flash it up a bit. But since I never have expected a whole lot, I thought, well at least she isn't driving another depressing eurocar like BMW or Mercedes, and it was nice to see Ford finally reissue the back seat port windows like on the original. Just little stuff like that was a welcome change. Just like when everyone was arguing with the guy about his superior claims of his Chevy S-10 on this forum. I'm thinking... well at least he's not running off at the mouth about a Toyota/Honda truck.
But with looks, it's impossible for me to argue. I guess Mustang is the most famous affordable "sports" car in history. My proverbial hat is off to Iacocca for making that history. But I never really liked stang's looks that much, they're ok. The ONLY one that looks good is the famous Shelby (again, my opinion). Saw a new Vette again in the parking lot. Low to the ground, looks like some kinda flying saucer space ship. Just more lamborgini looking euro style for me. I keep remembering the thing car guys would laugh about and say "wrap your a$$ in fiberglass." The Nick at nite TV channel had the show Route 66 on once. Now, I think that vette 61...3 (?) was excellent.
Now, with that in mind, there are just too many variables when it comes to looks, plus SO many outlooks, and hey...I don't follow alot of this stuff because I figured that with GM's intercourse with China, the American car market is gonna end anyway.
It's just that there is this "template" that I have in my mind which I have no choice but to measure or observe everything else. It's the Car Quest auto show I went to a few years back at Indianapolis convention center. Like I mentioned before, they had the Coronet, the orange Cuda, and the absolutely spectacular rework of a cream/yellow color Challenger where they did a modification to the rear passenger area that's impossible for me to describe, and 426 blueprint/specs done by this team in either Illinois or Missouri. After experiencing this, that is the "standard", that I go by at least, and since all I have is that bias and personal opinion, then those were/are the most beautiful creations to ever exist on four wheels. And always will be. Period.
So that's the reason for my optomism AND bias concerning Dodge's reissue. Thanks for your reply.

=R.o.C.k.=

Old 01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

honestly, if i could afford it,i would just buy an old 340 e-body and make that my daily driver, but we know that isnt possible without removing the word "Affordable"...

Quick Reply: So whats the price on this thing?