Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy

Old 07-19-2007, 04:29 AM
C35L
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy

Check out the Dodge Charger DaytonaR/Tin Plum Crazy if you haven't seen it already they onlymade 1400 nationwide.

Also check out whats towards the bottom...

Limited Edition Dodge Charger SRT-8 in Plum Crazy.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: 07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy

Nice, you put a SRT8 fascia on it.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
mnboy
Captain

Wow. The bottom photos of the Plum Crazy SRT8 are super! Only 1,400, cool. I finally saw a Charger R/T PC, but it didn't grab me... I like my Mango much better. But to each his own. Just me.

I'm still mad at Dodge for not allowing people to pick and choose colors and other options (LIKE ENGINES!!!!) in the SRT8 or the Charger... WHY couldn't an average Joe go into a Dodge dealer and pick out a Mango Daytona Chargerwith an 6.1 engine and other options like the OLD days???? Damn Dodge has got me hopin' mad about that... That's why the American car makers are behind... Oh, you can have the SRT8... but in ONLY THREE COLORS!!! Or, oh, you can have the Charger, BUT IN ONLY THREE PRE CHOSEN COLORS PER YEAR... Good grief....And the interior trim and seat colors in the SRT8's is horrible (silver and black???) the trim and dark seats in the Daytona's are much nicer. Even the Bee has the best interior -- dark grey/black all around... I'd rip out the silver radio/shifter bezels and at least paint them the color of the car?!? AHHHHHH!!

Sorry to rant on your post... [&:].

All in all, nice cars.

MN

Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

OMG I missed that totally. I'm slow today, well okay, always

I saw the Daytona badge and totally blocked out the 6.1 engine. I agree it's sad to see the options change and also prduction numbers going down making their value go up compared to others with the same "limited edition" Daytona badge.

This horse always pops up now and then so we can beat it some more [&:]

Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

Wow the SRT is really hot.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
BigJim191

I'm so jealous of you guys owninga Daytona and the SRT....very nice rides!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 AM
C35L
Professional

ORIGINAL: BigJim191

I'm so jealous of you guys owninga Daytona and the SRT....very nice rides!
Its all good Jim I'm with you I have a 3.5L I was gonna get an R/T but I'm not that big on driving fast so why get a faster engine I just like thebody of the Charger I'm more for show I like to drive slow so people can see me driving cause not too many people have this car around where I live LOL. 3.5 is good enough for me I'm the type that wants to show off the rims LOL! You can't drive fast to do that LOL!

mnboy it's all good speak your mind you have a right too.

I'm not big on the leather interior on the Daytona R/T I sat in the plum crazy Charger and I didn't like the suede type material on the seats its kinda uncomfortable cause my pants stuck a little to the material. I didn't like how the CD player had a tape deck in it I don't know about you but I don't know no one who still listens to tapes it made the player look out dated but that's just my opinion.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
mnboy
Captain

Les,
Thanks... if I could talk to Dodge to let them know, I would! But, from what I hear, they are hard of hearing.
BigJim's 3.5 Charger is a nice ride. A gal at work owns one and she gets 5-8 MPG better than me consistantly -- and she doesn't need premium. There are really very few times I get on it, very few times I need it (I just wanted the Hemi).
I almost traded my Mango off for an SRT8 on Wednesday -- they even told me they had a buyer for my Mango Daytona and they would give me more than its book. I took the hint the SRT8's are not as marketable as the Daytona's. However, they did tell me mine was just about perfect...it actually made me want to keep mine even more... but, I'm here to tell you Hemi fans, that the SRT8 sounds beautiful!!

I had to "laugh" at your post about the cassettes -- I have a ton of them and stick one in once in a great while -- but I listen to SIRIUS mostly... As for the material, it's a micro fiber that actually keeps you stuck to your seat when you are taking hard corners... it works. It also helps disapate the sweat from the back, etc. I actually think the seats in the Charger ARE well thought out...

MN

Old 07-21-2007, 04:39 AM
C35L
Professional

Yea I know what you mean about the seats mn I can tell that there design to make you stay in the seat when your turning. Out of all the Charger's I've seen on the road I rarely see the SRT8's I see afew Daytona's mostly the regularR/T'sand some 3.5's but I don't like how on the Daytona decal's you can see all the water spots on them when the car is dry. The gas for the Hemi was another reason why I didn't go for an R/T the one feature I like in the R/T and up models is the button to adjustthe pedals not to many car's have that feature. I don't need to be driving fast anyways I've already got in trouble a couple times for driving a little to fast. I just like to accelerate quick it's a habbit I got fromrunning track back in high school LOL!

LOL! I wasn't clowning on the people who still listens to tapes I just thought it was funny to see that in new cars well I guess there's still things you can use the tape deck for like the tape deckadaptors for portable devices.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:05 PM
mnboy
Captain

The water spots (don't you dry your car? ) can be easily removed from the decalsby using products like Meguiar's Final Finish. I clean my car after almost every use and carry Final Finish with me. I take the bugs off with high pressure water at the do-it-yourself car wash and dry it there and then give it a treatment of Final Finish in my garage. The car is way over cleaned, but it looks like new.

MN

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy