Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Transmission hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
smonforti
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission hesitation

Does anyone know what flash the dealer needs to do to get rid of the 2-3 second hesitation when the car is put into drive. I thought I sawa threada while ago but can't find it now. I dropped my 06 R/T off today for leak by the transmission and for the hesitation but, of course, the service dept. said that the hesitation was normal!! I guess it's pointless to also add the fact that the brakes/rotors suck as well since they said it was "normal wear and tear." I didn't think a car with 15,000 miles would have problems with the rotors already. Besides these issues I love my Charger (Just not crazy about the service dept. but then again who is). Anyway, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Transmission hesitation

21-020-06 Flash: SRT 8 - Delayed Or Rough 1-2 shift at Wide Open Throttle After Kickdown not a 2-3 shift

look at this tsb for brake rotors 05-006-06

Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
smonforti

thanks, I really appreciate the quick response. Since my car is in the shop as we speak, should I call them and give them this info?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

the flash will not fix your issue and as for the brake issue I think u will haft to pay for the slotted rotors based that u have 15k miles u can calll they have the same info I have I am just using chryslers dealer connect.

Quick Reply: Transmission hesitation