Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
starbase129
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows

What would be causing the side windows to fog up on a 2008 Dodge Charger? Is it cold and damp weather, or is something going on with the windshield?

Also, the front windshield will sometimes sweat on the inside when it's damp out.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The weather can be a small factor in what's going on. Where are you from?

Also, do you keep drinks in your car over night? Open soda cans, fast food drinks, things like that?

Another thing can be if you are a "hot" bodied person too. If it is cool outside and you get into the car and your body is hot from whatever (working out, playing a sport, or you are just a naturally hot running person, the glass on fog up from your heat.

With the drinks in you car, this is what happens. After you shut the car off, the fans are no longer running and engine heat will trickle into the cabin area. Not enough to do damage, but if you have open containers with liquid in it, enough that will cause it to evaporate and condense on to the windows. This can cause the what looks to you the interior of the window sweating.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM
starbase129
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I live in Virginia. We have had some cold and snowy weather here, more so than the last couple of winters.

I usually don't keep drinks in the car, though my wife does take a coffee with her in the morning (we ride together).

Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starbase129
my wife does take a coffee with her in the morning (we ride together).
Does she drink it all, or is it sitting in the car all day while you are at work?

Quick Reply: Windows