Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Dodge Charger-Hail Damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 AM
mattjames
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 Dodge Charger-Hail Damage

I just recently had my Charger riddled with baseball size hail, and I am now trying to get parts together in order to get it back to normal or even better than it was before. I am talking about parts and accessories and how I can find them. If anyone can assist or has good ideas for tracking down some parts, basically every piece of metal on the outside needs to be replaced or fixed. The trunk, roof, and rear fenders have been the hardest parts to find. Not sure if I can even find replacement parts for that or if it needs to be custom made. Anyone that can assist me in my first complete car amkeove would be much appreciated. Thanks, Matt.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have full coverage insurance? these type of repair involve a lot of Body work for a fully equipped body shop.
For the roof, you could drop the headliner down, pop all the dents out and repaint it. As for rear fender, same deal. Or you can strip down the paint, bondo it, and repaint it.
Trunk and hood wise, cheaper to replace as whole unit. Search the Junk yard.
If you are not good/experienced with doing paintings and poping dents, it will come out crappy. Even if you do find parts for all the sheet metals you need, they are NOT plug and play, they do NOT line up right. there are A LOT of adjustment needed to be made.

When I had a hail damage on my car, State Farm paid my $4,000 for the damage.

Last edited by steak59; 05-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Charger-Hail Damage