Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2009 Dodge Charger Review article

Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
DodgeForum Editors
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Charger Review article

Hi guys,

The Charger has a nice history and pedigree, and it's offered in some impressive models, yet it doesn't get the attention of the Mustang GT, Camaro, or Challenger. What gives? Is it the girlfriend/boyfriend that's fun to be with, but you wouldn't want your friends seeing you with it?

Tell us why you love or hate it. If you've got one, tell us what everyone's missing out on. If you have it and hate it, let us know why.

If you missed the article, find it here: https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2009...d-pricing.html

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was shopping, I drove both the Charger R/T and the Challenger SRT-8. I went with the Charger because I felt a better throttle response, the 4 doors for the family, and it came with the options that I wanted with out having to order and wait for a challenger to be built.

The car is very comfortable and roomy. So I got the best of both worlds. Family sedan and horsepower to play when I am alone.

The only thing that I hate about my car is the weight with all the options. My car weighs in at a tubby 5300 lbs. WOW!! So even after I spend the money for power upgrades (one of them to be a supercharger) and get the charger up to around 440 HP without a tranny swap, I still won't be able to hang with vettes and stangs that have half the work, half the money, and 1000 lbs or more lighter. But like I said, I will have the best of both worlds, luxary with HP. I am not a racer anyway. I just like to go fast every once in awhile and hear the engine pounding out the tones that I love to hear.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 AM
RenoRob
Rookie

Well I think I can make you feel about 1200 lbs ligher....if you look on Dodge's website under model specefications they list the curb weight of the Charger R/T at 4031 lbs which is close to what the reviews I've seen peg us at. Here's a link I've saved for the review of the Daytona as it came out.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20050606/FREE/506060709

Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 PM
ManofGod
Default 09 charger 09 challenger tranny swap

is it a possiblity to swap my 09 charger tranny for a manual tranny on the challenger/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Charger Review article