Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

06 Charger rack n pinion issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
cb rebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 06 Charger rack n pinion issues

Hello my girlfriend and i own a 2006 dodge charger has 90k miles... I have had to replace the rack n pinion 3 times... the last time they replaced the power steering pump thinking it was over presurising the rack n blowing the seals. wondering if anyone else has any input on this or if it would be covered by a lemon law or anything we bought it from a local dealer used in 08 with 45k miles .. any input is appreciated due to i know nothing about cars besides electrical. Thanks

Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

With 90K on the car I don't know if the Lemmon Law applies. You should check your state's Law.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
brettj2408
Captain

do you have aftermarket wheels and tires? if so they wont do it. 3 racks is a lot within a few years. tie rods are pretty common but your blowing seals?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:58 PM
cb rebel

Originally Posted by brettj2408
do you have aftermarket wheels and tires? if so they wont do it. 3 racks is a lot within a few years. tie rods are pretty common but your blowing seals?

everything on the car is stock. yes we were blowing seals on the rack. no tie rod issues or anything. they changed the powersteering pump thinking it was over presurizing the rack n blowing the seals. so far its lasted a bit longer than the last 2 but still wanted to see if anyone else had another idea or if it was an issue for someone else

Thanks

Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
brettj2408
Captain

there is a check ball in the line or the pump outlet that regulates the pressure. cant remember which one. i would check into that

Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Don Bakken

Originally Posted by cb rebel
Hello my girlfriend and i own a 2006 dodge charger has 90k miles... I have had to replace the rack n pinion 3 times... the last time they replaced the power steering pump thinking it was over presurising the rack n blowing the seals. wondering if anyone else has any input on this or if it would be covered by a lemon law or anything we bought it from a local dealer used in 08 with 45k miles .. any input is appreciated due to i know nothing about cars besides electrical. Thanks
Also have 06 charger rack just went out at 88,0000 already replaced ds ty rod end stabilizer bar and 2 other supports now sounds like orca whales at slow speeds 3g estimate to fix @ mechanic these front suspensions r known to go bad early its not just u if i wood have known i wouldnt have booght this piece of ----! Makes me wonder a out my dodge ram?

Quick Reply: 06 Charger rack n pinion issues