Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Check Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
08 R/T AWD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine light

I have an '08 R/T AWD Charger with about 37K miles. The check engine light just came on which typically would not be a big problem. I plugged in my OBD II tester and keep on getting a message on my tester that says "Link Error". I have checked the tester connection which appears to be good enough to power up the tester and I have checked the diagnostic module fuse which is also still good. Any Ideas for me? I really appreciate the help.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Don't rightly know whats wrong. Possibly something with the PCM. Is it under warranty?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:28 AM
08 R/T AWD

No it's not under warranty anymore. And, this morning the light just went off. That's all fine and dandy but doesn't solve my main problem. I want to be able to diagnose on my own and not have to pay the dealership $75 a pop everytime the silly light comes on for something as small as an O2 sensor. So, I am still looking for any ideas. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:11 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your tester just that, a tester? or is a full programmer? If it is just a tester, can you do a reflash from the computer? Maybe the programming got corrupted or something. If it is a programmer and you have your car tuned, then that might cause a problem doing that.

You could always take the car to pepboys or something and have them hook up to your car with there tester. If it works, then you at least know that the problem is with your tester and not the connector on the car. You never know, your connector might have been damaged or something and it has nothing to do with your tester. Just a little trouble shooting technique.

Quick Reply: Check Engine light