Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

A/C makes weird noise and doesnt put out cold air

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Andy07Charger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C makes weird noise and doesnt put out cold air

Hey ppl I've had my 2007 Charger over 2 years now. A/C just gave out 5 months ago. When I turn it on after a few seconds I hear a raddleing and even after I shut it off it will take 6 to 8 sec to stop making that noise, plus it puts out no cold air at all. I put in some freon not to long ago but it only lasted about 1 month.
I'm a welder so for me the heat doesn't bother me but I do have a lil girl and so I def have to get it fixed.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:49 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rattling noise could come from anything. Clutch, compressor, fan. I would take it to a garage and get an estimate. If you put refrigerant in and it leaked out in a months time, I would guess that the compressor is bad though.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If compressor is leaking, it could be covered up in oil.

Evaporator core is very common leak point of Charger built from 05-07. If no oil is found alone all of the A/C component, it is safe to say you need a Evap core. While you replace the Evap Core, probably want to buy a Recirculation door as well. they usually breaks off when you take it apart.

Regarding the noise... Put some oil and freons in and see if noise stops?

Quick Reply: A/C makes weird noise and doesnt put out cold air