Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2012 Charger to get Some Serious Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Charger to get Some Serious Upgrades

Check out BadStratRT's homepage article about the 2012 Charger getting an 8-speed transmission and paddle shifters!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

These 2012 Chargers are very attractive and tempting especially with the 8 spd tranny w/paddle shifters. It will be an awesome car!!!

Funny how top car reviewers knocks off the current lineup with the 5 spd as saying Dodge/Chrysler are behind the times. With the current 6 spd are the norm for a lot of top car manufacturers, Dodge will one up the competition with the 8 spd and let see what these top car reviewers will say then!

Old 09-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Robert_Esq
Amateur

Chrysler's 5-speed only looks one notch lower on paper as some detriment. I didn't like the 6-speed shifting in the competition and thought the 5-speed from Chrysler actually had some nice passing power when I wanted it on the freeway.

The ZF 8-speed, that is awesome because not only is it just bragging rights, but it has the much better fuel economy and simply the same transmission as BMW has in its cars. Meaning world class shifting and technology for a fraction of the price.

I'd totally pop the extra for the transmission and paddle shifters. I'd have so much fun with that!

Quick Reply: 2012 Charger to get Some Serious Upgrades