Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

'08 charger malfunction & ETC lights come on at the same time with engine running.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
garist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 charger malfunction & ETC lights come on at the same time with engine running.

I'm new to this and hope i find some help. My 2008 Charger has about 62,000 mi and my malfunction indicator and ETC light come on at the same time. i turn the engine off and etc light goes out and when i start it the malf light stays on. then goes out after a few starts and normal driving. then comes back with both lights. not sure what it is. any ideas or suggestions?

Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can be any number of things. Take your car to an autoparts store (pepboys, advanced auto, etc.) and they will read the codes that are stored on your computer. Come back here and post up the codes taken off and we can pin point a problem for you. There are literally 100's of codes for the car from not having your gas cap screwed on tight, to major electrical issues. So it is kinda hard to tell you anything without the code.

There is also a list of codes that you can review as well at the top of this section.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
garist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the etc light out the code pepboys gave me was P2181

Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, that says something about the cooling system performance. I have no idea!!! LOL!! This one is new to me. Have to wait for one of our Dodge techs to see this thread.

The only thing I could think of would be to check your coolant level.

Quick Reply: '08 charger malfunction & ETC lights come on at the same time with engine running.