Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2010 Charger SXT ETC Problems, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 PM
JeremyO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Charger SXT ETC Problems, Help!

Hey everyone I just bought this car 2 weeks ago and the ETC light will come on randomly. When I stop while in drive it will stall out, however if I place it in park it will still run but very roughly. I took it to the dealer in which i purchased it from and they cannot get a code from it and they cannot identify the problem. Anyone have any idea where to look for the source? They replaced a slight vacuum leak which did not solve the problem. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 AM
1Commett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the vehicle back to the dealer.

Have them reset the PCM to clear the adaptive memory, and then perform an ETC re-learn and throttle follower test.

The procedure allows the throttle blade to re-position itself. Sometimes it closes a little too much and restricts the airflow.

The dealer can perform this with the scan tool usually while you wait if you schedule it with them ahead of time.

Quick Reply: 2010 Charger SXT ETC Problems, Help!