Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

uconnect not playing iPod songs in correct order

Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a reply back today from one of the Harman team ( they make the 8.4 & 4.3 radios), it's below

I verified the behavior on an RB5 (8.4n). I could not find a working base HU (4.3) to review but I suspect is works the same as you already indicated below

forwarded the issues to the HU team but I would tell the customer that there is not a way currently do play the album tracks in order.

You could create a playlist but that seems tedious as you have to do that for every album. I did verify that this works at least with my Iphone 3gs. On the phone I created a playlist that had the same name as the album and then selected the album and added all songs. When this connects back to the HU it shows the tracks in order as they appear on the album. Again I did not verify this on a 4.3 Inch system but I think it has a playlist

I have asked him to keep me updated on what the HU (head unit-- radio) team says.

Originally Posted by sdeyoung
Hey, no worries.. I appreciate any help I can get. I wanted to confirm that it was indeed a uconnect issue or an issue with the iPod so I put some music on a USB stick and sure enough it still plays the songs in alphabetical order instead of track number. Maybe there's some way of changing this setting but I haven't found anything in the options. Hope it can be changed. I'm going to talk to someone at Chrysler tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on this. If you hear of anything let me know and thanks!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:07 PM
sdeyoung
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's kinda crappy if they made it that way.. kinda disappointed I must say.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:08 PM
sdeyoung

Thanks for looking into this for me though!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
xsdbs
Captain

no problem, I'll let you know when I hear more about it ok.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
empnito

I just got an IPod to use in my 2010 Dodge Journey. I'm trying to understand what this means to me. I use my Ipod to listen to podcast lectures and I need to listen to the lectures in the correct order. Is there a way for me to do that or will the podcast always be played in alphabetical order?
thanks

Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
xsdbs
Captain

What radio is in the vehicle?

Originally Posted by empnito
I just got an IPod to use in my 2010 Dodge Journey. I'm trying to understand what this means to me. I use my Ipod to listen to podcast lectures and I need to listen to the lectures in the correct order. Is there a way for me to do that or will the podcast always be played in alphabetical order?
thanks

Old 01-22-2015, 08:18 PM
danknee13

I have the same problem with my 2014 dodge dart. I can't remember exactly which uconnect system I have but it really bothers me that my ipod music is played alphabetically no matter how I select the music. I wonder if I connect it with a cable instead of the usb if it will play in the correct order? But then that's kind of a pain because you probably can't use the touchscreen or voice command. I've been frustrated with this for weeks. It really ruins the music for me.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 PM
danknee13

I have the same problem with my 2014 dodge dart. I can't remember exactly which uconnect system I have but it really bothers me that my ipod music is played alphabetically no matter how I select the music. I wonder if I connect it with a cable instead of the usb if it will play in the correct order? But then that's kind of a pain because you probably can't use the touchscreen or voice command. I've been frustrated with this for weeks. It really ruins the music for me.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danknee13
danknee13,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. Has this concern always been present? Is the "shuffle" feature available on your radio screen? This particular option may not be available while the Uconnect system acquires the information from our device and can sometimes take several minutes from the initial start-up.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Tanbam

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
danknee13,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. Has this concern always been present? Is the "shuffle" feature available on your radio screen? This particular option may not be available while the Uconnect system acquires the information from our device and can sometimes take several minutes from the initial start-up.
Hi Dave,

This is a longstanding problem with this generation of Uconnect radios that can only be fixed completely if Chrysler/Uconnect issues an update that addresses the issue.

Since that is unlikely to ever happen because of corporate policy or some other contractual reason, it will probably not be truly resolved for anyone.

Folks trying to get the radio to play nice with an IOS device that is newer than IOS 3 are not going to have truly correct iPod playback. The only real solution is to ditch trying to use an iOS-based and use something much more compatible, like an iPod Classic. This iPods have music library formats that are still compatible with the outdated Uconnect systems.

Anyone who needs to use an IOS device to listen to tracks in a particular order are best suited to use Bluetooth streaming, though I'm pretty sure that this is a short-term solution, because eventually the Bluetooth protocols will evolve and even they won't work any more. As it stands, current Bluetooth functions are partly crippled, due to the total lack of continuing Uconnect support for device evolution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: uconnect not playing iPod songs in correct order