Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

uconnect not playing iPod songs in correct order

Old 11-11-2011, 04:16 AM
sdeyoung
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect not playing iPod songs in correct order

I would like to start off by saying hello. I will be a new owner of a Dodge Charger in a couple of days. I've been wanting one since 2006.. Finally I'm in a position to buy a 2011 SE. I had it out for a day and one thing really annoyed me with the uconnect system. My iPod won't play album songs in their correct order. They seem to be playing in alphabetical order instead of track number order. It works fine in my previous vehicle which was a cheap JVC deck with USB connection. I'm wondering if this is the way uconnect handles songs with the iPod? I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this but I've been searching and haven't found anyone else complaining about this. If this is not the right area to post could someone tell me where I could get help concerning this issue?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:24 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This can be posted here or in the audio section but you'll get help either way. If I remember, my Uconnect did the same thing but it didn't bother me. Going to have to wait and see if someone pops in with more knowledge of the settings to see if it can be changed.

Welcome to the forum

Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Uconnect will play the album in the correct tracking that is listed on the album (cd cover).
Here's what happens:
Say you want to listen to INXS, you go into the categories, select artist, A-Z (or just scroll thru) select (I), go, and then select INXS from the list, now say that you have a couple cds from INXS, (Live Baby Live & X),
if you select a cd (ex: Live Baby Live). The tracks will be listed and played acording to the way they are on the cd label.
However if when the list of INXS cds come up and shows "All Albums, Live Baby Live, & X" you select All Albums or Play All, then because there are a couple of cds, Uconnect will play all but in Alphabetical order.

Originally Posted by KRZY.BMET
This can be posted here or in the audio section but you'll get help either way. If I remember, my Uconnect did the same thing but it didn't bother me. Going to have to wait and see if someone pops in with more knowledge of the settings to see if it can be changed.

Welcome to the forum

Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

That's where my issue was then because I all did was push play all. LOL!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM
sdeyoung

Hmmm, I don't think this is what's going on with mine.. I don't have the option to "play all". I select the artist, select album and automatically it orders the tracks in alphabetical instead of the track number order. Never had an issue with my JVC deck and songs always play in the correct order when just using headphones with the iPod. Maybe I misunderstood you though?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:03 PM
sdeyoung

Also would like to point out something I noticed. If I push play on the iPod before it's hooked up to the uconnect system, then plug it in the songs will play in the correct order.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM
xsdbs
Captain

ok, first let me ask what radio do you have (I guess that you have purchased the vehicle, in your 1st posting here you mentioned that you tried the vehicle for a day).
Uconnect is built to spec from Chrysler and the way they wanted it built is that if "All albums or play all" is selected then all the tracks will be played in an alphabetical order. If the Album is selected then the tracks will be played in the order that they are listed on the CD. I have made a short video if you would like to see what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jHP3xICdg

Originally Posted by sdeyoung
Hmmm, I don't think this is what's going on with mine.. I don't have the option to "play all". I select the artist, select album and automatically it orders the tracks in alphabetical instead of the track number order. Never had an issue with my JVC deck and songs always play in the correct order when just using headphones with the iPod. Maybe I misunderstood you though?

Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
sdeyoung

Ok, I'm gonna assume that you have the higher end uconnect system, 8.4. Mine doesn't have those options at all, it's the 4.3 version and doesn't have the option of playing just the album or play all albums. I'm starting to think I'm stuck with it being this way on the lower end system. Unless there's some kind of upgrade that fixes this.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM
xsdbs
Captain

CRAP!!!!
I just noticed my problem here. I have helped many people here on this forum and things get a bit crazy between my normal job and a few forums. I apologize that II just noticed that you have a Charger, you did mention it in your first post.
Mine is actually the 430N which has an external uconnect module and is supplied by a different supplier than the Charger radios. Give me a moment and I'll check with a contact that I have to see what I can come up with. I just sent an email to see if I can get a contact of the supplier of that radio. SORRY.

Originally Posted by sdeyoung
Ok, I'm gonna assume that you have the higher end uconnect system, 8.4. Mine doesn't have those options at all, it's the 4.3 version and doesn't have the option of playing just the album or play all albums. I'm starting to think I'm stuck with it being this way on the lower end system. Unless there's some kind of upgrade that fixes this.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
sdeyoung

Hey, no worries.. I appreciate any help I can get. I wanted to confirm that it was indeed a uconnect issue or an issue with the iPod so I put some music on a USB stick and sure enough it still plays the songs in alphabetical order instead of track number. Maybe there's some way of changing this setting but I haven't found anything in the options. Hope it can be changed. I'm going to talk to someone at Chrysler tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on this. If you hear of anything let me know and thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: uconnect not playing iPod songs in correct order