Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Can someone redesign the CHARGER?!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
MightyHurricane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone redesign the CHARGER?!

Hi Everyone,

I don't know about all of you, but I am NOT a fan of the current design of the Charger. I think it looks dumb, and I apologize if anyone is offended. My favorite muscle car of ALL TIME is the 1969 DODGE CHARGER R/T. The current design of the charger is a travesty, compared to how bad-*** it looked back in 69. I was wondering if there is some kind of petition or some way to contact the car designers of Dodge and let them know what's going on with their designs. Please let me know what's going on in regards to that.

I'm looking into getting a muscle car for myself, and the only muscle car I can ever see my self in, is a dodge charger, but not the way it looks right now. I found this picture of a dodge charger, that someone designed and I have to say it looks amazing. Thanks for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you. Later.

-Mighty Hurricane

Last edited by MightyHurricane; 05-28-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pic you have up is a 2011 Charger with a different front end. One that appears pretty easy to fabricate too. It still is a four door (someone just blacked out the handles on that pic), the curves are the same, the hood is custom but again, easily fabricated. The new charger has the '69 curves on the side and a similiar look in the rear. Dodge was listening when they redesigned the Charger.

If the Charger is the only muscle car you want, then wait for the new SRT coming out in 2012. You will not be disappointed.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 PM
ccthomp
Professional

Redesign it? I love the looks of the 2011 Charger, while it's not a 69 which is my dream car and I have had two slip through my fingers this years is still a sweet ride. The Charger is still an awesome ride even with the major face lifts it's received since it was reintroduced.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 AM
MightyHurricane

KRZY.BMET, thanks for info, you got me excited about this 2012 model. What's different about it?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:22 AM
MightyHurricane

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MightyHurricane
KRZY.BMET, thanks for info, you got me excited about this 2012 model. What's different about it?
Not much is being released about it that I can find. I read in one magazine though that Dodge is trying to be the first to have a 400+ HP car that gets 40 mpg's. That is all I know.

I'm kinda anxious to see what the look is going to be.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Kind of looks like a first generation model from the side mirrors to the rear, with generation two hood, fenders, with a custom front clip.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
MightyHurricane

Hey Ccthomp,

I think one of the reasons as to why I dislike it so much, is that the charger has great history behind it, and to see a car with great history have its looks homogenized with other dodge vehicles just doesn't sit well with me. The Challenger is the only car that looks uniquely different from the current dodge look. It's just not fair to the charger, that's all.

-MH

Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
MightyHurricane

Good point. Now that you point that out, I kind of see it.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MightyHurricane
Hey Ccthomp,

I think one of the reasons as to why I dislike it so much, is that the charger has great history behind it, and to see a car with great history have its looks homogenized with other dodge vehicles just doesn't sit well with me. The Challenger is the only car that looks uniquely different from the current dodge look. It's just not fair to the charger, that's all.

-MH

LOL...It's better than what they did with the Nova!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can someone redesign the CHARGER?!