Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

driver side window control switch

Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side window control switch

Not sure what the proper name of the black rectangular unit where the window controls are that sits in the arm rest of the door. The other day I went to roll down one of the back windows and it wouldnt' move. i belive the problem was due to the heat we've been having and it temporarily sticking to the weatherstrip. anyhow being the genius that i am my first reaction was to of course beat on the control thingy. i just noticed that the thing has been unseated as a result of my hitting it and is partially inside/below the armrest. anyone know how these things sit in the armrest? i still see little nubby things on the sides where it came out. but not sure if they're broken or what. was going to get a good old knife and try to pry it out. i just noticed it today when i was rolling up the window after cracking them to let the the heat out as we got hit w/104 temps today. it was too hot for me to get any brilliant ideas on how to get it out and reseated. anyone ever had one of these things out and how they sit in there? hope i'm not looking at buying one. the two vents that clear the side windows on the dash have somehow broken and of course mopar wants an arm and a leg to replace the little plastic things.

thanks

Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
BCP Service
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kinda car ? They are different from vehicle to vehicle, some use retainers that "clip" master switch into door panel (these will have a plastic protrusion on one end and the other side will have a metal tab), others are either screwd in from the back side of the panel, or are plastic bonded to the panel itself. Removing the panel is easy enough though (just be careful with door lock rod attached to door) ..

Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply. it's actually an 05 Magnum. Not much activity on that part of the site these days. Since the cars are *******ly identical I thought I'd post it here. I think it's more like the clip version. I see little gray tabs or something. Sounds like I'll have to pull the door panel off to be able to get it back up through the cut out. sort of hanging down on one side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: driver side window control switch