Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Switching Digital speedometer from MPH to KM/h

Old 11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
sdeyoung
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching Digital speedometer from MPH to KM/h

I'm able to switch from MPH to KM/h via the controls on the steering wheel. The problem is that when the car is turned off the setting returns to MPH. I had it in today at Chrysler and they told me they fixed it. I asked them how they did it and they said via that controls on the steering wheel. I knew at that moment that it wasn't fixed. Pretty sure I've already tried that 50 times already. Anyone know how to make that setting change save?

Old 01-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Montego
Default Switching Digital speedometer from MPH to KM/h

Have the same problem with my Charger 2011th
I have set the "metric" in the computer and then it should ALWAYS be the metric of the instruments. But my Electronic Vehicle Information Center (Evice) shifts to the MPH even though I always want km / h. I use the car in Europe (Sweden). Very annoying that it switches to the MPH. Probably a bug in the computer.

Rolf in Swweden

Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 PM
4point7
Rookie

have to ask the dealer to check for a flash update to repair EVIC with garbled and or scrambled text. That is the update that fixes the MPH/KPH issue for the speed display in the EVIC

Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by Montego
Have the same problem with my Charger 2011th
I have set the "metric" in the computer and then it should ALWAYS be the metric of the instruments. But my Electronic Vehicle Information Center (Evice) shifts to the MPH even though I always want km / h. I use the car in Europe (Sweden). Very annoying that it switches to the MPH. Probably a bug in the computer.

Rolf in Swweden
wow...that's rare to see folks driving an American make car in Sweden. While folks here in the USA crave on driving Volvos and Saabs :-)

Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
speedyK
Amateur

Hi. I'm in Switzerland and have just replaced my 2000 Durango 4.7SLT with a new Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi.

My MPH to kp/h worked fine...

until i went into the system settings to try to cancel the "Horn on remote locking" feature.

When driving, the EVIC is now just blank where the digital speed should be displayed What have I done wrong? I can't find any clues in the (rather over-complicated and poorly laid-out, IMHO) manual.

Can anyone help me, please?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Switching Digital speedometer from MPH to KM/h