Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Installing a spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
i r grunt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a spoiler

Is anyone going to post up a how to or am i going to have to do it and drill random holes in my trunk to figure it out xD and then post one?

Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My previous post pretty much explains how to do it.

Making your own template to mark your drill holes (if your spoiler does not come with one already) will be ther hardest part.

The spoilers I installed were done so quick that I didn't even think of putting together a DIY.

If you want to do one, get good pics, put the thread together and I will sticky it to the top of the page and you can have the credit.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Okay i'm sorry. I guess i'm a kinetic learner, I like pictures. Also I ordered a CAI for my vehicle, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of what a CAI looks like finished on a 3.6l v6?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
jwr9152
Professional

On an 11+ there are cut outs in the bottom of the trunk where the spoiler is supposed to go. I would suggest drilling a small pilot hole from the bottom up, in one of them then, base everything else off of that. I put mine further back on the trunk, and had to cut some of the trunk out to be able to reach the screws. I would also highly recommend either a magnetic driver or one with a shield to keep from dropping screws into the trunk. I've got one down in my trunk somewhere. don't hear it rattling on the plus side, but still makes me mad.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Originally Posted by jwr9152
On an 11+ there are cut outs in the bottom of the trunk where the spoiler is supposed to go. I would suggest drilling a small pilot hole from the bottom up, in one of them then, base everything else off of that. I put mine further back on the trunk, and had to cut some of the trunk out to be able to reach the screws. I would also highly recommend either a magnetic driver or one with a shield to keep from dropping screws into the trunk. I've got one down in my trunk somewhere. don't hear it rattling on the plus side, but still makes me mad.

Wow thanks for the tips. I checked and noticed that there are cutouts, helps a little bit

Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Also. If i just put it in the standard spot i wouldnt need to do any cutting right? Just drilling?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM
jwr9152
Professional

Originally Posted by i r grunt
Also. If i just put it in the standard spot i wouldnt need to do any cutting right? Just drilling?
Yeah, that is right. You'll notice that there are two small cut outs and two larger cut outs. I would put a small pilot hole in the middle of one of the small cut outs and everything should line up off of that. Happy to answer if you have any other questions.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
i r grunt
Professional

Originally Posted by i r grunt
Okay i'm sorry. I guess i'm a kinetic learner, I like pictures. Also I ordered a CAI for my vehicle, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of what a CAI looks like finished on a 3.6l v6?
on this topic.... I ordered http://www.carid.com/2011-dodge-char...ke-375935.html.

Does anyone have any input on this? Good, bad?

Quick Reply: Installing a spoiler