Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 Dodge Charger Daytona Uconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
jjesz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona Uconnect?

I have a 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona and I was thinking about getting Uconnect for it. I don't know much about Uconnect kits but from what I've seen online there's not much to them. I called and talked to the local Dodge Dealership here and asked what it would cost to have it put in. They want $500 for the kit and $250 to put it in.

So my questions are.... Are those kits that hard to put in? Are they really that expensive? Is there a better place online to buy the kit?

I don't know it just seems to me that I could buy the kit off the internet and have it installed by non dealership mechanics that I trust for less that half that price.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$750!!!!????? Do not go there.... My dealership charges $200 for the kit and 1 hour of labor. I think that is $75.

All it is, is a module that plugs into the back of the radio with a mic. The hardest part is running the mic through the dash and liner to have it mounted up near your visor. I'd look around to local radio stores to see if you can get it cheaper. You will find it.
UConnect is a nice thing to have assuming you don't have a loud exhaust on your car.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
jjesz

This is something that I was able to find online would this be all I need?

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/.../82211879.html

Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jjesz
I have a 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona and I was thinking about getting Uconnect for it. I don't know much about Uconnect kits but from what I've seen online there's not much to them. I called and talked to the local Dodge Dealership here and asked what it would cost to have it put in. They want $500 for the kit and $250 to put it in.

So my questions are.... Are those kits that hard to put in? Are they really that expensive? Is there a better place online to buy the kit?

I don't know it just seems to me that I could buy the kit off the internet and have it installed by non dealership mechanics that I trust for less that half that price.
Jjesz,

If the dealer gave you the part number and you Google it you will find many online that will sell it to you for less. From your second post it looks like you may have already done that. As long as it's the correct part number it should work. I cannot comment on how hard it is to put in though as I have never done it.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
jjesz

I talked to a friend of mine that used to work at a dodge dealership and he was saying that they may have to depending on the kit the cars needs they take the headliner down to install the receiver. So the new question is there a way around that? Also I was told about just installing a bluetooth device to my car to work with my phone. Does anyone know about how that works? I'm told its cheaper but I want to know how it works if it works the same as Uconnect or hows it work?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jjesz
I talked to a friend of mine that used to work at a dodge dealership and he was saying that they may have to depending on the kit the cars needs they take the headliner down to install the receiver. So the new question is there a way around that? Also I was told about just installing a bluetooth device to my car to work with my phone. Does anyone know about how that works? I'm told its cheaper but I want to know how it works if it works the same as Uconnect or hows it work?

Jjesz,

Here is a link to the UConnect website. It may provide some answers to your questions as to how it works.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/

Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
jjesz

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Jjesz,

Here is a link to the UConnect website. It may provide some answers to your questions as to how it works.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/
OK so I looked at the website and I am amazed and what it can all do with the WiFi and navigating and the weather and everything but I believe now that my car has the Uconnect Media Center 130/RES but no mic or anything to make the Uconnect work just the radio of that media center. After looking at that website and the different Uconnect Media Centers I really want one of these:

Uconnect Touch Media Center 430/RBZ
Uconnect Touch Media Center 430N/RHB
Uconnect Touch Media Center 730N/RHR
Uconnect Touch Media Center 730N/RER
Uconnect Touch Media Center 4.3/RHA
Uconnect Touch Media Center 4.3S/REB
Uconnect Touch Media Center 8.4/RE2
Uconnect Touch Media Center 8.4N/RB5

but that screams really really expensive.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona Uconnect?